Re: TR7 Tweeks

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: TR7 Tweeks
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (Jim Stovalll)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:16:43 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Hello Randy,
>
>If you've been watching this list for a while, you have probably seen
>references to a TS Imports or Ted Schumaker, in Pandora, Ohio.  He runs
>a salvage operation and mail-order parts business, and for some years
>(and maybe currently ?) raced TR-7s, at Road Atlanta for example.
>
>I'm assuming he ran the stock-type engine, but that's just a guess, I don't
>know much more about his racing record, but do know that he can probably
>answer any / all questions you may have on TR-7s.  He has an 800 number
>for parts orders, but for technical or other questions, call this number:
>419-384-3022  and you may need to keep trying, it's often busy, which just
>may be a good sign !
>
>Good luck,
>Tom Tweed
>SW Ohio
>'72 Trident 750cc (basket case)

Everyone,
        As long as we're on the subject of TR7 tweeks, I would like to know
if the following is feasible:
A TR7 V8 with a turbo?
Would there be room in the engine bay? Are there replacment suspension
componenets that can handle it?,etc......

I won't do this anytime soon, but I've been thinking about it for a while,
and, hey, I might give someone else an idea!

Thanks!

Jeff