Spit. Distributor & Wire Wheel

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: Spit. Distributor & Wire Wheel
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 27 Dec 1996 08:43:34 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 077AA32C3FCB600B-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <077AA32C3FCB600B*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Greetings all.  Hope your Christmas was terrific.

Well, I actually DROVE the Spit around the block yesterday!!!!  It was truly
awesome.  Now I just have to finish trimming out the interior and install
the windshield and it is DONE (well, except for all those stupid little
details such as ........

1) My distributor does distribute the juice pretty well, but I was never
able to fully and completely repair the mechanical advance weights and their
mounting plate.  I need either a replacement distributor (AC Delco, early
Spitfire type with mech. tach drive off the shaft) or the name of a
reputable repair shop in Southern Calif.  Anyone have a source for these?

2) With new wire wheels on it the car looks great.  But, since I only have
four, the spare tire is pretty much useless unless I carry around a lug
wrench to remove the spindle every time I have a flat.  I'd rather have a
spare tire mounted on a wire wheel so I can simply pop it on and go.  Does
anyone have a single wire wheel that they will part with?  Any condition is
fine.  Rusted, ugly, whatever . . . . . for an early Spitfire.

Thanks.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)