Spitfire M/C rebuild update and info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire M/C rebuild update and info
From: Isaac Crow <Isaac@avana.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 12:35:23 -0500
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
------------433165B05EC60

 List,

Hi everyone. Wanted to tell everyone that my brake M/C rebuilt on my
Spitfire appears to be working just fine...no sign of any leakage or
seepage from the M/C and pedal feel is excellent. I guess we'll see long
term..

Since I was impressed by how well everything went together, I decided to
rebuild my clutch M/C with the NAPA kit as well.  It is part #1016 and
costs about $9.00! Didn't seem quite as complete as the brake kit, but
it had grease, a new thimble and both seals as well as the pushrod dust
boot.  Did some research and found out that both kits were made by

PBR Automotive Pty Ltd
264 East Boundary Road
East Bentleigh, Victoria 3165 Australia

Appears to be made of the identical material as the brake kit as well.
Noticed an older post that Bill M. had a problem with seal size, but i
had no problem with either kit. They were a snug fit, but they were not
so tight that they might bind and wear prematurely (IMHO). No black
stuff in the reservoir either!  Just thought I would tell everyone how
it went in case someone is in need of an economy alternative to original
girling parts.  If VB is selling the same identical brand (PBR), as Bill
posted Nov.15, then it seems that it is easier and cheaper to obtain
these parts from NAPA anywhere in the nation.  I will keep those who are
interested posted on the long-term test results of the seals...but
defintitely no immediate problems.

Isaac Crow
'71 Spitfire --On the Road Before Spring, or Bust! (My knuckles
probably)

------------433165B05EC60

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>&nbsp;List,</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Hi everyone. Wanted to tell everyone that my brake M/C rebuilt on my
Spitfire appears to be working just fine...no sign of any leakage or seepage
from the M/C and pedal feel is excellent. I guess we'll see long term..</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Since I was impressed by how well everything went together, I decided
to rebuild my clutch M/C with the NAPA kit as well.&nbsp; It is part #1016
and costs about $9.00! Didn't seem quite as complete as the brake kit,
but it had grease, a new thimble and both seals as well as the pushrod
dust boot.&nbsp; Did some research and found out that both kits were made
by</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>PBR Automotive Pty Ltd</DT>

<DT>264 East Boundary Road</DT>

<DT>East Bentleigh, Victoria 3165 Australia</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Appears to be made of the identical material as the brake kit as well.
Noticed an older post that Bill M. had a problem with seal size, but i
had no problem with either kit. They were a snug fit, but they were not
so tight that they might bind and wear prematurely (IMHO). No black stuff
in the reservoir either!&nbsp; Just thought I would tell everyone how it
went in case someone is in need of an economy alternative to original girling
parts.&nbsp; If VB is selling the same identical brand (PBR), as Bill posted
Nov.15, then it seems that it is easier and cheaper to obtain these parts
from NAPA anywhere in the nation.&nbsp; I will keep those who are interested
posted on the long-term test results of the seals...but defintitely no
immediate problems.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Isaac Crow</DT>

<DT>'71 Spitfire --On the Road Before Spring, or Bust! (My knuckles
probably)</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>