I'm back! Sure... you'ns didn't even know I was gone... :(

Subject: I'm back! Sure... you'ns didn't even know I was gone... :(
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 00:45:10 -0500
I've returned to the list after speeding up my E-mail program and hopefully the
deluge of messages won't be too much this time.
Since I was gone, my '80 TR7 convertible has been relegated to the driveway,
once I purchased a more solid TR7 Spider for the paltry sum of $500! Complete
with alloy wheels, 5-speed, and A/C, the engine has a blown head gasket, and
some... OK, lots of bodywork is in order.
The Spider is currently being stripped to the unibody & primed. I also intend
on rebuilding the suspension ASAP. Then the car can be sent to the paint shop
and everything rebuilt and reinstalled. Also, I hope to drop in a Rover v8 with
quad downdraft Webers. We'll see how the wallet responds to *that* idea... Hope
to see it done before 2000... probably won't.
The other TR7 will continue to be my occasional driver so as to keep the wife
in the habit of paying registration, insurance, et cetera until the Spider is
running. Then I'll probably sell it whole or part it out, depending on how it
stands up outside.

Best wishes to all on this holiday season! Hope you all had a merry Christmas
(if applicable), and will have a triumphant New Year (not just 1/1, but all
year)!

Greg Smith
1980 Triumph TR7 Convertible, 30th Anniversary Edition
1980 Triumph TR7 Spider Convertible awaiting a repaint & v8 transplant & lots
more work
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
                         -- Hosting the 1997 VTR Regionals!