Re: TR6 crash pad installation

To: jeffn@msystech.com
Subject: Re: TR6 crash pad installation
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 20:24:58 EST
Cc: andertonm@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 23:29:08 -0500 (EST) Jeff Nathanson
<jeffn@msystech.com> writes:
>Mark,
>
>        I'm thinking of replacing the dashboard top on my '72 TR6. You
>infered that 5 years made a tremendous difference in the quality of
>parts
>that TRF sold. Do the other main suppliers (VB, MOSS) suffer from the
>same
>ailment for these parts? Is there one manufacturer that you would
>recommend?
>
>                Thanks,
>                Jeff N.

Don't know.  I haven't tried any other sources.  I was really surprised
at the poor quality of the TRF item.  The biggest problem was that the
cross-section shape was wrong, so it didn't come close to filling the
inset where it fits into the "plinth", or center section of the dash.
Rather than try other sources, I'm going to try to repair the old one
and use it until I can talk to TRF about this one and see what's up.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)