Re: NO LBC content software question

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@scruznet.com>
Subject: Re: NO LBC content software question
From: Steve Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 19:20:36 -0800
Cc: TRIUMPH <triumphs@autox.team.net>
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> I prefer Eudora Pro.

The e-mailer thats built into Netscape 3.0 works fine for me. While
not as fancy as Eudroa, it integrates HTML well and keeps the desktop
clutter down as well. Since I spend much of my work time on a Solaris,
Netscape runs there as well as Win95 so there is only the one
application to deal with.

I kinda like it....

> >I want something that work in Windows 95,
>
> Windows '95 is a mistake.  That also means your computer choice was a
> mistake too.

Geez. This is about as "No LBC Content" as it gets! Well as much as
I dislike/fear/embrace Microsoft, Mac OS suffers from being an outdated
Single Threaded OS whereas Win 95/NT is a fairly modern Multi Threaded
OS. There is no contest which partially why the Mac has the tiny Market
Share that it currently has. Going forward, improvements to Win95/NT
will make it very hard to catch. Even with the entry of NEXT will not
make much of a difference since this is really UNIX - which has been
shrinking in the face of NT as well. I prefer UNIX, myself but it's
very clear that NT will be the major OS for the next five years or so.

As sad is it is to say, Ken made the correct choice.

-Steve
'74 TR6
(Just rebuilt the seats, I can see over the dash now!)