RE: TR3/TR4 Timing Chain Quality

To: "'Doug Daverne'" <daverne@dlcwest.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3/TR4 Timing Chain Quality
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 10:23:52 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From:   Doug Daverne [SMTP:daverne@dlcwest.com]
  TRF's price is approximately
double the Moss price.  Does anyone know why this is or if there is any
difference in quality?  Has anyone had any bad luck with the Moss chain?
Doug,
I do not have any experience with the Moss part, but I did just install the TRF
chain in my TR4A. The TRF part is the original manufacturer, I would guess that
Moss is selling a cheaper replacement and TRF sells only the original. This
does not mean that the Moss chain is low quality. I doubt if Charles Runyan is
trying to get all his profits from timing chain prices. He just assumes that
many people feel safer with the original manufacturers and will pay the
difference for the increased security.

Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
73 Stag
65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)