Re: TR3 Adjustable Steering

To: Jay Wassall <Wassallj@philly.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Adjustable Steering
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 06:30:52 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jay Wassall wrote:

> My TR3a has the adjustable steering wheel.  Is there a special wrench to
> fit the collar on the steering column to adjust it?  I put a wrench on
> it but it would not give and I did not want to mark up the collar.  It
> is the whole way out now and I want to put it the whole way in.

Jay,
Spray the colar with aliberal amount of rust penetrant and use an
adjustable cloth type strap wrencharound the collar to loosen it. You
may also want to cover the collar with a piece of cloth before putting
on the strap wrench. This should loosen the collar so that you can
adjust the steering wheel.

Good luck,
--
Lenny Seidman