GM 215 Engines For Swap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: GM 215 Engines For Swap
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 07:05:20 -0500
I really shouldn't open my mouth...

Several months ago I was so "miffed" about a 1 litre rice burner blowing off
my TR7 that I begged a person in our office to give me two 215 engines that
were just sitting in his garage.  I though a TR7V8 would make a nice winter
project.  That was before Alice (wife, domestic interior design consultant
and voice of reason) reminded me that her TR4 needed a new engine and she
wanted a new Sports Ute.  The budget, time, and motivation to do the
conversion evaporated instantly.

So now I'm picking up two engines and a bunch of spares this weekend,
wondering how these will fit in our garage.  I'm willing to swap these
engines and spares for TR7 parts.  I don't need anything, but I'd like to
have a spare 5 speed and/or automatics.  Electrical bits are very nice, and
FI engines and parts are always the perfect gift...

This is as much as I know about the engines:  One is the Buick block, the
other is the lower compression Olds engine.  The Buick block is free, the
Olds is frozen from sitting, but should break loose without problems.  The
engines are as they were when taken from cars in the early 80's.  All the
exhaust manifolds, 4-barrel carbs, oil pumps, and other external parts are
there along with extras.  Supposedly the Buick had been rebuilt - we all
know how that goes, but I do know the guy that rebuilt the engine, so it
might be rebuilt afterall!

If you're interested let me know.  I'm going to be moving these as soon as
I can since I'll be tripping over them in our garage.  I`d much rather store
TR7 parts!

Bruce Clough
Dayton, Ohio
'54 TR2 - For Sale, nice project
'62 TR4 - Current time suck
'79 TR7 - Slow, but the stereo sounds great
'81 TR7 - In hibernation
'97 Rover Discovery - Alice wants this, I'm lining up my body parts to sell.