Re: TR3 Adjustable Steering

To: Jay Wassall <Wassallj@philly.infi.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Adjustable Steering
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 06:03:26 -0800
At 11:21 PM 1/2/97 -0800, Jay Wassall wrote:
>My TR3a has the adjustable steering wheel.  Is there a special wrench to
>fit the collar on the steering column to adjust it?  I put a wrench on
>it but it would not give and I did not want to mark up the collar.  It
>is the whole way out now and I want to put it the whole way in.

Snap ring pliers.  Thats how I got mine off.  The pliers come in two types
one that opens and one that closes.  They are ment to be used with the snap
rings that have the little holes at the end but can be made to work with
the other types.

Many hardare & Autor parts stores that stock tools carry them.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com