Re: GM 215 Engines For Swap

To: Sherlock12@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: GM 215 Engines For Swap
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 07:09:49 -0500
Wait guys, I can explain...

>Bruce--
>Wait a minute--let me get this straight:
>   You have a pair of 215s you say you can't use because your wife's TR4
>needs an engine.

>   Am I the only one who sees an interesting possibility here?

>--Doug Hitzig, KD4WTS, sunny Cocoa Beach, Fla.

Alice's TR4 is an early, short buldge car that is pretty well dead-on stock
(except for the Strobergs and cassette player).  It still has the early options
including the crank start bracket.  She doesn't want a V8, she just wants a new
engine to replace the tired trooper inside.   I spent this weekend fighting
battery box corrosion and DPO modifications.

Modifying the TR4 is a good way for me to practice celebacy.

Ciao,

Bruce Clough
'54 TR4 - Needs good home
'62 TR4 - Oh my, what have I got into!
'79 TR7 FHC - Nice & Toasty on the way to work this morning
'81 TR7 DHC - The rust awaits me yet...