re TR6 clutch Hydralics question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re TR6 clutch Hydralics question
From: acrane@crosslink.net (Alan Crane)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 10:51:57 -0500
Michael Grey wrote:

"My local British car shop (SF Bay Area) suggested that I let him
weld the fork to the cross shaft to preclude future problems, says
he does it all the time. Is this a good idea or should I just
replace the pin once I figure out how to extract it from the shaft?"

I installed a used tranny with a welded pin & fork over 20 years ago in my
TR4A. Not a hint of a problem with it since. Considering the frequency of
broken pins others seem to experience, it is probably a good idea.  Bear in
mind, however, that if you have to disassemble the thing, you will have some
fancy cutting to do.

Alan Crane