'66 GT6 update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '66 GT6 update
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 20:49:57 -0800 (PST)
Hey everyone,
        Well, here's an update on the GT6. After searching about three
quarters of the state for that stupid little pedal linkage, we decided to
try and make it ourselves. Actually, with a long strip of aluminum and a
fully charged Dremel, we didn't real bad at all. Except for the fact that
the measurments were off by about a half inch and the threads on the rear
throttle spindle are stripped (why do they use too d**ned soft brass for
these things anyway?). As a result, we're heading off to another junkyard
tommorow to look for the piece and a new spindle as well. If thing go well
tommorow, it's possible I'll be driving it around by tommorow afternoon.
        BTW, if you're ever in Alabama, don't go to Merril's Car and Parts.
Overpirced, understocked junk and the guy doesn't know crap about British
cars.
        Also, if you would happen to have an early Spit or GT6, or just
about any car with 150CD Stroms, I would appreciate it if you would go out
and look between your rear carb and the accelorater pedal rod. See that
little U-shaped piece of metal? Ever had to find a new one? Hell. As a
result, if you have an extra one of these little U-shaped things, I would
appreciate it if you would contact me, I might end up taking it off your
hands.
        Anyway, bless you if you've read through all this, I appreciate it
and please contact me if you can help with anything (including my sanity!).

Thanks!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."