Dyeing trim/ cleaning trim

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Dyeing trim/ cleaning trim
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:42:50 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 The DPO on my TR8 painted the tan trim pieces black. Has anyone ever been
successful in removing vinyl paint from vinyl coated board? Also is there
any supplier of a vinyl paint that matches the golden tan?     Whitney
advertise a  saddle, buckskin and doeskin but cannot supply swatches. I have
the original door panels, plan on getting new seat kits, but hate to have to
buy all that trim.

Also has anyone dyed a black carpet to a lighter color?