Fair price on a used diff for a TR6?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fair price on a used diff for a TR6?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 20:37:30 +0100
Fellow scions,

I ran across one of the few Triumph mechanics in Denmark the other day -
and he was getting rid of the last few spare parts related to TR's, since
he  is concentrating 100% on Spit's now. Well, he has just one part left
for a TR6 - a rear diff for a TR6 in supposedly excellent condition - no
housing though, but all the little parts that go into it. Well, he is
asking the equivalent of $75 - I suppose that is a bargain? I don't need it
right now (or I hope not - haven't checked the status on my diff in my TR6
yet) - but thought I might buy it for spare parts. Any observations on the
'fair' price of this? I only have his word for it being in very good shape
- don't quite know what to look for .... :-(

Michael
TR6 - in transit - should be in Denmark next week