Re: Minimum rotor thickness for Mk 2 spitfire

To: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Re: Minimum rotor thickness for Mk 2 spitfire
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 00:16:06 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Eric Straub wrote:

> I took my 9 inch disc brake rotors into the machine shop to get them
> turned, but they won't do it until they know what the minimum thickness is
> (liability reasons).  I've looked in my workshop manual & my Haynes manual,
> but neither seems to have this.
>
> Does anyone know what the minimum thickness for these is???
>
> Eric.
ERIC:

The only data I could find came from an old Clymer Publication.  I'll
quote as written in the manual: "the maximum run-out permissible on the
disc is .004". Under no circumstances should more than .060" be removed,
with the finish to be 32 micro ins. maximum measured circumferentially
and 50 micro ins. measured radially."

That's all I could find. Good luck!

Martin Libhart
1970 Spitfire