TR-3A clutch slave cylinder return spring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3A clutch slave cylinder return spring
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:13:14 -0800 (PST)
Two questions and an observation:

1.    On the TR-3A, the clutch slave cylinder shaft return spring connects
to an anchor plate on one end, which is attached to the fork end, which
ultimately actuates the clutch operating fork.  Can anyone tell me where the
other end attaches?  It seems to be somewhere on the frame beside the slave
cylinder.

2.    TRF offers a different spring for the Lockheed and Girling slave
cylinders, but Moss and British Victoria only offer one part.  I ordered the
Moss part, assuming it would be ok for the later Girling cylinder, of which
there were many more.  Anyone see a problem with this?

        My mechanic rigged up a substitute spring, but mounted it so it
pulled the shaft toward the back of the car rather than the front.  I'm sure
that can't be right and am somewhat disturbed at the error.   I asked him to
see that the clutch was properly adjusted and now can't be sure it is
correct, either.

John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/