RE: Minimum rotor thickness for Mk 2 spitfire

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Minimum rotor thickness for Mk 2 spitfire
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:47:51 -0800
Encoding: 16 TEXT
Well, this is a start. I think I've figured out what the Clymer  pub means.
It's saying we can't take more than .060" off of the rotor when we turn it.
 The big missing piece of data is the original thickness. If we had that,
we could determine if there's room to turn it or not.

So, does anyone know the original thickness of a Spitfire Mk 2 brake
Rotor?

Martin Libhart wrote:
The only data I could find came from an old Clymer Publication.  I'll
quote as written in the manual: "the maximum run-out permissible on the
disc is .004". Under no circumstances should more than .060" be removed,
with the finish to be 32 micro ins. maximum measured circumferentially
and 50 micro ins. measured radially."