TR6 Differential Overhaul

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Differential Overhaul
From: David Stauffacher <74357.2427@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Jan 97 01:23:06 EST
This is a plea for help.

In one of my more ill conceived moments, I completely dissassembled my TR6's
differential.  In the back of my mind I assumed my local and very reliable LBC
mechanic, who takes care of all the more sophisticated repairs, would magically
put it back together.  WRONG!!  Seems he lacks the "special tools" needed to
determine the float/backlash.

Does anyone out there know of a quality BC mechanic (yeah, right) in the
Southern California area that can put my diff back together?

OR

Has anyone ever overhauled a differential themselves?  What kind of advice can
you provide?

Thank you very much.

Dave in San Diego

1970 TR6,  CP51649