RE: Brakes grabbing

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes grabbing
From: "Dahman, Ken" <Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:56:01 -0600
Initial Message...

>----------

Loran,

I have a 1959 TR3A. Last year the same symptom you wrote about above
happened to me. Turned out that the rear brake cylinder on the other
side from the one locking up was stuck open, that is, the brake would
not operate. I guess that the skid occurs when all of the braking force
was directed to the one working rear wheel. Anyway, I ended up replacing
both wheel cylinders. One was the wrong
size (DPO) and the other was corroded beyond cleanup and repair. After
the repair, things worked fine again.

Ken.Dahman@anheuser-busch.com

1959 TR3A