TR6 Heater

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Heater
From: Stephen Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 09:45:27 -0800
Hello from the digest-

  I just got the interior heater working on my '74 TR6. The little
hoses that connect the heater core to the firewall through-tubes had
burst on the PO years ago. The odd thing is that the heater hoses,
and therefore the heater core, stays cool when the car is at idle.
Only when the engine is up at about 2K RPM do things get hot -
indicating that there is no water flow throuth the heater path
at idle.

Do I need to fix anything? Or is this just a normal TR heater?
I've noticed that the entire path is above the water level so
I assume that quite a bit of pressure must be required.

The water pump is new and I did flush the core out but not the
path through the intake manifold.

Any insight is apprecitated
-Steve

--
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have
was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with

                         -Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle