Re: tr6 new exhaust system

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 new exhaust system
From: James Sudduth <james.sudduth@autodesk.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 09:35:21 -0800
At 10:50 AM 1/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am getting ready to replace the exhaust system in my tr6. currently
>running a Monza system, and like the looks but is is a little loud and did
>not hold up very well. Running the 2 pipe system all the way back 74 1/2. I
>have seen Anza(SP)? units on some cars and like the looks but have no idea
>about quality, price , or where to get them. A stainless steel original
>unit is also a possibility. Any other suggestions? thanks
>
>Robert in snowy Baltimore.

I have the mild steel stock unit from Moss on my 74 and I really like it.
The exhaust sound at first is a bit muted but it gets louder after a few
hundred miles and is now quite a sporty blast. Unlike the other after market
pipes, however, it's not so loud that a long trip in the car is
uncomfortable. I drove it to Triumphest last year, a round trip of about
2600 miles, with no discomfort. But it's still loud enough to sometimes set
off car alarms as I drive by :-)

Jim Sudduth
jims@autodesk.com
'74 TR6 CF20076U