Re: Non-LBC content

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-LBC content
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 14:08:41 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-09 12:53:10 EST, peterz@merak.com (Peter Zaborski)
writes:

<< Uh, not to be a s**t-disturber, but what is wrong with the person who made
the
 original post trying to feel out what someone else is willing to pay for
 his/her place in the Boxster line? If the person put their money down with
the
 intent of trying to make a quick buck, so what?

Nothing's wrong with it.
I think the point is that you're more likely to find such a person on the
Porsche list
than you are on the Triumph list. I think the message is the Triumph list
includes
a lot of friendly people who like to help each other and  enjoy sharing
information
with each other about a marque they love while some other list might contain
a higher percentage of people with another agenda. Personally I've
participated
in some other non-lbc automotive lists (not the Porsche list)  and i find the
Triumph
list, on the whole, to be populated by an altogether more pleasant, friendly,
helpful
and down-to-earth group of people. I'm sure we all enjoy the uniqueness of
our
marque, but I don't think anyone drives or restores a Triumph for its snob
appeal.
Is that true on the Porsche list ? I doubt it.
Before anyone turns on their flamethrower, let me hasten to add that I think
Porches
are great cars and everyone I've ever met that drives one is a nice person.
If
there's a bunch of people out there who want to buy and sell spots in the
line
to get a Boxster, I think that's just fine and I'm glad they have a place to
do it.
If I could afford one I might like to have a Bxster myself......come to think
of it,
if i came into that kind of  money I would spend it on a few more Triumph
projects.
Oh well.

Cheers
Jack Mc