FW: Non-LBC content

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: FW: Non-LBC content
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 09 Jan 1997 18:05:21 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 151AA32D5A3E107D-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jan 1997 18:05:21 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 09 Jan 1997 18:05:21 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <151AA32D5A3E107D*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Peter Zaborski wrote:

<< Uh, not to be a s**t-disturber, but what is wrong with the person who
made
the original post trying to feel out what someone else is willing to pay for
 his/her place in the Boxster line? If the person put their money down with
the intent of trying to make a quick buck, so what?

And Jack replied ............

[snip] Nothing's wrong with it.  I think the point is that you're more
likely to find such a person on the Porsche list than you are on the Triumph
list. I think the message is the Triumph list includes a lot of friendly
people who like to help each other and  enjoy sharing information with each
other about a marque they love while some other list might contain a higher
percentage of people with another agenda. [snip]
+++++++++++++++++++++
My point exactly.
+++++++++++++++++++++
[snip] I'm sure we all enjoy the uniqueness of our marque, but I don't think
anyone drives or restores a Triumph for its snob appeal.  Is that true on
the Porsche list ? I doubt it. [snip]
Agreed.  I only posted the message because I found it so amusing and so
unusual compared to the messages I receive every day on the Triumph List.
 If you've never subscribed to the Porsche list try it for a while.  The
contrast is amazing!  I did not intend to insult anyone -- I just found it
interesting.  Hope nobody was offended.  Cheers.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)