Needle can shaft bearings

To: TR list <triumphs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: Needle can shaft bearings
From: Dennis <d.wilson@asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 09:12:35 -0700 (MST)
I just discovered something, which is probably very old hat to many.
You can get needle canshaft bearings for high performace V8 engines.
I have never seen or thought of using needles bearings in place of shell
bearings for the camshaft.  I am sure one could get a set made up for
almost any car.  For something like the spit 1500 motor, you probably
also have to have the cam machined some.

Any pros or cons to using needles bearings here??

I wonder if oil supply would be greater to a needle bearinged interface?
This might be good for the the needles bearing but maybe create
starvation problems elsewhere??

Cheers Dennis