RE: Triumph 2000 door seals

To: petrc@asia.csg.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumph 2000 door seals
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 97 08:27:00 PST
>Bruce, how much per meter did you pay for your new rubber ? I would
>love to do all of mine (how many times do I have to tell passengers
>NOT to slam the doors, it's not an air-tight new car !) - it's
>NZ$25/m here - a bit steep I think.

Petr,

I purchased the seals through British Auto Works (local supplier) who
purchased the seals from Rimmer Bros.  I seem to remember paying about 25
US dollars per door. The Rimmer Bros part number is 707220 and the cost is
œ11.75 excluding VAT.  This would make it around 20 US dollars without
shipping.

The URL for Rimmer Bros. is http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk.

The new door seals stopped the cold air drafts from occurring.  It sounds
like your leak can be fixed with a new windscreen rubber seal.

Good luck.

Bruce