re Synthetic oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re Synthetic oil
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:22:49 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8531758023alinkens@farnborough>
I've shied away from using synthetic oil because of the cost and also because
my cars are always leaking or consuming oil. Recent posts on using it in the
transmission have made me think that it would be worth a try if only I could
make the gearboxes overdrives more oil tight!
Presumably the main culprit is the rear oil seal - can this be changed without
removing the gearbox on both the 2500S or the Vitesse? Is this likely to cure
the problem or do other seals have to be replaced also which would mean a
partial transmission rebuild?
Andy
MKII 2.5S Estate
'69 Vitesse