Re: Questions about Spitfires MKI & MKIII

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions about Spitfires MKI & MKIII
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 08:55:09 -0800
< snip >
> I am planning to buy a Spitfire, and I'm wondering about differences
between MKI and MKIII. I have heard that
> the roadhandling is much better for the MKIII because of a better
suspension/axle. Is this true?
No, the improved rear suspension your talking about to was introduced with
the MKIV model year.  But if your really concerned you can upgrade earlier
Spitfires to the later specification fairly easily.  I prefer the later
MKIII because of the way they look, their much better parts availability and
larger engine among other improvements but it's your call.  Buy the car you
like best -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+