79 Spitting fire - continued

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 79 Spitting fire - continued
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@ncts.nola.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 14:43:55 -0600
I have taken the advice of many and still have the same problem.  The
float level is correct, the timing is set, and everything else seems to be
okay - but I still get the spitting out of the carb when I "goose" it.  I have
toggled between the old and new needles and such, but no luck.

Today I was given a tip to replace the distributer cap, and I will do that
next.

Any more advice to make my car stop coughing is appreciated.  If you
missed the past diagnostics, they are:  just rebuilt Weber downdraft; car
coughs up gas and air upon hard throttle.  She is still on the ramps from
when I started.

I feel like giving up.

Kevin