Re: TR-6 rear shock conversion?

To: naffy@netins.net
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 rear shock conversion?
From: emanteno@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 05:18:17 -0800
On 01/13/97 17:35:17 you wrote:

>Does anyone have any opinions on the rear shock conversion from lever to
>straight shock?  I have heard that lever aren't  that bad that they should
>be gotten rid of. Any thoughts or experiences?

J K Jackson, who races one of the fastest TR6's in the US if not the world, and
is a TR mechanic
of serious renown, says that a properly set up lever shock is far superior on a
TR6 than any of
the tube shock conversions. I believe his set up thoughts were quoted in an
article that appeared
a couple of years ago in Grassroots Motorsports magazine. GRM has a web site,
perhaps you can find
mre information there. Hope this helps.

Irv
74 TR6 (with levers) CF22767U