Re: TR3 Wiring

To: Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Wiring
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 08:07:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hugh R McAleer wrote:

> was ready.  He went to pick it up and found that the headlights come on
> when he pushes the brake pedal, among other woes...

Boy, this one is right up your alley, Hugh... starting to sound like a
TR250 I've seen.... <g>

> Any words of advice before I get too deep into this?

Yes!  No knife switches on the dash! <big grin> It's a TR3, after all.
But, seriously, get a decent multimeter and a _good_ set of schematics
first.  If it's a repro harness, the wire colors should be approximately
right, so decent schematics should be a help.  If they aren't, then
you'll just have to go circuit by circuit, marking and disconnecting the
stuff that's mis-wired and go from there.

> I seem to recall an
> article in the VTR mag about TR3 wiring but can't find it in any of the
> mags I have.  Also wasn't there something about a wire that seemed like a
> ground but should be left undone?  I don't have WWW capabilities so I'm
> sorry, I can't look it up myself.

If I get a little time tonight, I'll check, Hugh.  Maybe someone else
here will come up with something else in the meantime.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....