Re: TR3 Wiring

To: Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Wiring
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:17:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
 Check to see what color wires go to the brake sending unit.  If it is a
Lockheed system it is on the frame rail below the oil/fuel pump area of
the engine. If Girling on the other side down by the starter.  Next check
to see what color wires are going to the headlights on the other side of
car (from memory I think they should be blue or blue/white).  It sounds
like they got switched on the brake sending unit side.

There is a not-connected wire at the front passenger side that is part of
the horn or indicator lamp circuit.  It is there to allow for same harness
for RHD and LHD cars / connection to the steering column pigtail.

What year car is it?  If it is early/mid TR3A or earlier, the wiring
diagram in the TRF catalog is fairly accurate.

The wiring is pretty straight forward and if you take a little bit of time
it will all work out.  IF the shop butchered it in anyway (cut/splice I
mean) it may be a major headache.

Hope this helps...

 later..
| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator               INTERNET:musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\    '58 TR3A (TS25264L)  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/    /