Re: TR6 Upper Fulcrum Pin

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Upper Fulcrum Pin
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 11:58:48 -0500 (EST)

My request a while ago re: in what direction the fulcum pin faces has
brought some interesting response.  Basically, the fulcrum pin can be
attached in two directions - the bend in the body of the pin facing the
engine or facing the suspension or to describe it another way, the short
mounting tabs facing the engine or facing the suspension, as the short
tabs are on the bent side of the pin.

In response, I received the follwowing:

        Three replies stating that the bend and the short tabs face the
        suspension

        Two replies stating the opposite

        One reply stating that either way is acceptable, depending on the
        desired camber

Most people had looked at their car's suspension before replying.  There
must a lot of variation, therefore, in how member's cars are set up.  I
wonder how many other aspects of our car's setup varies from car to car in
terms of standard suspension settings, as over the years a number of
parts have probably been removed and then replaced, maybe in a different
way.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting, and I'm still trying to figure out
what is the 'correct' way in install the fulcrum.

P.S.    my thanks to those of you who took the time to examine your cars and
        send your observations.

Robert Carley
73 TR6