Re: TR6 Upper Fulcrum Pin

To: Robert Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 Upper Fulcrum Pin
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:17:19 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> On Sun, 12 Jan 1997  Robert J Carley writes:

> >Could someone take a quick look at their front suspension, and tell me
> >which way the upper fulcrum pin attaches to the chassis? The upper
> >wishbone arms attach to the fulcrum pin.

(pant,pant,out of breath from running) I just did... what's up?

> >The factory manual, and the TRF and MOSS parts books are not too clear
> >as
> >to whether the 'bend' in the fulcrum pin faces toward the suspension
> >or
> >toward the engine.

Yes, the main body of the "pin" is closer to the engine, that is,
it arcs around the (top of the) shock absorber  I beleive it won't bolt
up other wise, as it would be hitting the shock absorber...

>>The attaching arms for the fulcrum pin are of uneven
> >lengths on each side,

By "attaching arms" I am assuming (yeah I know about ASSuming) you
mean the flat areas (bosses?) that the mounting bolts go through...

> >also, if that is a better way to describe the
> >problem - i.e. do the short arms face out (to suspension) or in (to
> >engine)?

The shorter "arms" are on the engine side, longer ones on the sus-
pension side...

> >Next time I'll photograph things before I take them apart.

That's what I usually do, or some times I'll leave one side (of some-
thing) assemebled for reference.  If that fails, there is always some
one on the list who has-

 been there, done that,

                             JOE IV
                             TR 250