Re: Buy locally or remotely

To: Bob Gaughan <bgaughan@BayNetworks.COM>
Subject: Re: Buy locally or remotely
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 20:06:27 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob; having done the "restore the Yankee Rust Bucket" bit on other cars,
here's what I'd recomend. Yes, there are some no or low rust N.E. TR's.
My own TR6 is a testiment to that. Be paitent, and be willing to pony up
the $$$ for a good example. It's always cheaper to start with the best
car you can afford.
If you decide to buy outside of the rust belt, Hemmings always has
several transport companies that advertise transport to the N.E. area
for @$900. That's a lot cheaper and faster than buying patch panels and
paying for welding and body work. Again, the pile of cash on hand will
determine how fast you obtain rust frre nirvana!