TR6 wheel alignment, springs & carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 wheel alignment, springs & carbs
From: Peter Wilson <Peter.Wilson@vsl.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 13:24:27 +0900
Hi,

I just joined this list a few days ago, and have
seen some useful stuff already. I have an
ex-Californian 1969 TR6 which I have converted
(back!) to RHD here in Australia.

Can anyone help with the following?

1)      Are there any methods to remove excess
negative camber from the TR6 front suspension
when you run out of shims to remove? My car is
at standard ride height (I know negative camber
increases as the front end is lowered) and the
upper fulcrum pin (topic of many recent messages)
already has the kink and pins out towards the
wheel to reduce neg camber.

2)      What are the specs of a standard (OE) TR6
front spring? Free length, wire diameter, number
of coils and rate would be useful. Also, has
anyone measured free length before and AFTER
installation/driving to get a feel for how much
these springs settle when installed from new?

3)      Has anyone got "real-life" set-up info
for putting triple 40DCOE webers onto a TR6?
I have data from Moss and a weber handbook, but
suspect that these are both for standard (low-
conpression) US tune motors.
My motor has 10.5:1 compression (we still have
lead over here!) and a UK 150hp TR5-PI
spec camshaft. Any relevant experiences?

I look forward to some answers!

Peter Wilson
TR6-CC27084L
Adelaide, Australia