Re: Triumph color code

To: Pierre-Yves Morissette <pym@abacom.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph color code
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 11:36:39 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Pierre-Yves Morissette wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
>         I was wondering,   my '72 spit has the color code 54.   It's
> currently a sun-fadded red.  But under this red coat,  I can find traces of
> yellow,    Could someone tell me what color it is supposed to be?
>
>         Thanks!   Pierre-Yves Morissette,   Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

Hi Pierre, my Spit is also red on yellow, yellow being the original.
Check the manafacturer's plate by the left hand side of the bulkhead
for the paint code it will then tell you what shade of the many yellows
your car was. I'm sure someone out here will know what the correct colour
for each code is!     Johnny.

'77 Spitfire 1500