Need TR4A Info, and comment on camber compensaters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need TR4A Info, and comment on camber compensaters
From: Chris Oliver <coliver@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:26:05 -0700
Last week I looked at a 65 TR4A in Tucson.  Car not in bad shape, but
needs paint and interior.  I have heard it run, but have yet to drive
it.  It has a solid rear axle.  To my suprise it has some rust in the
frame.  I have not climbed under the car to fully inspect the frame, but
it is rusting in the bottom of the left side rail, behind the rear end.
 Where else do I need to look on the frame?  All the panels, with the
exception on the trunk (boot) lid are in good shape.  The trunk lid has
old accident damage, along with the rear bumber.  The guy who has it is
asking $2500, but told me he would let it go for $2000.  I am thinking
of offering a little less.  What else should I look for.  He also has a
TR6, and a 56 Land Rover "86" for sale.
  One note on the camber compensater.  I believe I saw one on a 64 Spit
I looked at in Huntsville AL in May of 96.  It looked like a spring
bolted to the bottom of the diff, with the ends fixed with links that
look like sway bar end links.  If they are effective, it didn't look to
difficult to fabricate.  thanks, Chris