Re: Laurel Green / Stripes

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: Laurel Green / Stripes
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:25:09 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Howdy,

There may be more than one answer to your question about stripes on TR6's.

If you have pin stripes that run along the body detail line that runs
from just behind the front side-light to the rear fender just in front of
the rear side-light, then it was probably pin-striped by a pin-striper.
Although there were various sized pin stripe tapes available was back
when. I have seen a lot of TR6's with this pin stripe detail.

If you have a stripe like my car, then it was a factory (actually dealer)
applied stripe. These are adhesive too. The various Triumph sources have
them to 60 or 70 US $$$. Set your browser to:
ftp://ftp.team.net/sol/Images/rml-tr6.gif to see what my car looks like.

Note: the above picture was taken at Fort William Park in Cape Elizabeth,
ME! Sorry the picture is not in colour.

bye,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? 3.5, more or less.