RE: Postive Ground Stereo for MK 2 Spit

To: "'Vincenti, Ross'" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: RE: Postive Ground Stereo for MK 2 Spit
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:00:33 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph Group'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks.

I didn't want to get in the business of isolating the stereo completely (eg
if I hook up a neg ground stereo, I'll need to ensure none of the grounded
parts of the body touch a grounded part of the spitfire).   BTW, If I do
isolate the stereo completely, why can't I just hook it up to (eg neg-neg
lead off ignition, pos to  body)? Why would I need a converter?

As for converting to neg ground, I guess I'm just too anal about staying
original. I think it's kind of novel that the car pos ground - not too many
of those out there these days! I don't know if I'll ever enter it in a
concourse, but if I do, I believe that VTR at least doesn't knock off
points for modern stereo.

Eric.