Tr6 Oil Pressure Lamp

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tr6 Oil Pressure Lamp
From: Steve Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 23:40:21 -0800
First off, thanks to all who helped me on my weak TR6 heater.
Back flushing the core seemed to do a lot of good. Sadly, the heater
valve could not take that strain of being used again after so
many years of non-use - ruptured sending coolant everywhere.
A new one is on the way from VB.

My new question is about the oil pressure light. Mine does not
work. The sending unit is the three wire type. Every wiring
diagram that I have shows a one wire sending unit. The Bentley
Manual probably has the correct diagram but those manuals
are still on back-order (sigh).

Can anyone tell me how the three wire systems work. (I quickly
lose track of where the wires go). Is there a separate module
for switching the light?

Thanks
Steve
'74 TR6