RE: Spitfire Brake Calipers

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'muntsb@HiWAAY.net'" <muntsb@HiWAAY.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Brake Calipers
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:05:23 -0800
The way which worked for me is to put a 2x4 flat on a hard surface and
whack the side opposite the piston against the 2x4. It will take several
hits, but the piston will slowly come out. I used this approach to get
pistons out of a caliper which had sat for over 5 years & even had a rusty
edge around the piston.
Eric.