New Magazine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Magazine
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 13:48:08 pst
     Sincere appologies for those who may receive more than one
     posting of this.

     I've copied a News Release on DOS text format regarding the
     new magazine soon to be available.  TRIUMPH OVER TRIUMPH

     If you are unable to extract the file- the address for correspondence
     is:

     P.K.J. Publishing
     22A Church Street
     Northborough, Near Peterborough
     Cambridgeshire, Engalnd PE6 9BN

     Tel/fax 01733 253310

     Ap

"Triumph Over Triumph" is a brand new magazine for all Standard and
Triumph enthusiasts.  The magazine is in the final throws of
production, and has been introduced to provide new, first hand,
exciting and hitherto un-published information on the Standard
Motor Company, later to be called Standard Triumph, and its
products.

Triumph Over Triumph has become privy to exclusive information from
many employees of the Standard Motor Company including Director,
Managers, Senior Technicians and staff .any of whom have never been
interviewed before, and we have secured the sole rights to their
stories.  We have also secured some fascinating articles by senior
engineers from support companies who were involved with the
production of S & T cars, including the side screen TR's.  Our
unique inside  information, sheds a far different light on the
relationships and characters previously portrayed of Standard Motor
Company personnel, including that of Sir John Black their leader
until January 1954.

Many new aspects of Standard Triumph history have been unearthed,
including two photographs of the 1952 20TS prototype(s) sports car
sporting two different registration plates.  It has always been
reported that the 20TS was never registered.  The story and photos
will appear in Triumph Over Triumph.

For the first time ever published, there will be a serialized
article on the complete development of the first TR2 from the 20TS
prototype to the Jabbeke TR2 M.V.C. 575 by Ken Richardson, followed
by "Memories of my Competition Department," with hitherto
unpublished photos aplenty.  Exclusive, extremely interesting and
often hilarious information has also been obtained on the workings
of other departments.  After all, all departments of the Standard
Motor Company were collectively responsible for the cars we and
cherish today.  Our unique information will make Triumph Over
Triumph a real collectors item.

Triumph Over Triumph would be in no way complete, however, without
major input from enthusiasts, so we would like to know your news
and views, and we are particularly interested in any unusual story
behind your S & T car, whether it's a Standard 8 or TR8.  The
editors have decided to offer a major prize for the best article
published in Triumph Over Triumph in our inaugural year by any
Standard or Triumph enthusiast on any S & T subject or happening.
Unfortunately we cannot return photographs.

To preserve the marques Standard and Triumph, we realize that
besides the dedication of enthusiasts, the hard work of S & T club
organizers all over the world plays an invaluable part.  We are
only too please therefore, to give full support, and publish news
and important information from any Standard or Triumph club.

Triumph Over Triumph will be published six times per year from
March 1997, by yearly subscription only, and will be available only
from the publishers below by direct order.  The magazine will not
be available in high street stores or news stands etc.

Price: L32.00 Sterling
Visa/Delta/Access/Mastercard/Eurocard

To order: Fax,telephone or mail your information: name, address
credit card info including number and expiration date to P.K.J.
Publishing.

P.K.J. Publishing
22A Church St.
Northborough, near Peterborough