Re: Carpet

To: smith007@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Carpet
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:10:32 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
smith007@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Fred Thomas wrote:
> "The samples i received from V.B. & Moss were not as nice as TRF."
>
> Can someone please tell me , how to abtain carpet samples, and can you
> get interior samples also?
>
> Phil Smith
> Tampa, FL.
> 69 TR6
I believe that all three suppliers can provide samples of their interior
vinyl.  I have purchased seat covers in the past from both Rimmer
Brothers and The Roadster Factory.  I was very pleased with the covers
from TRF but much less so with the ones from RB.  It's also much easier,
time wise and wallet wise to deal with TRF if you have a problem.
Having said that, and agreeing that the wool carpet from TRF is very
nice but expensive, it seems that none of the available carpet may be as
good as the original wool carpet as supplied in the early cars.  A
company in England, TRGB, advertises their 100% wool carpet as "the best
available" for 163.32 pounds (Incl VAT which we don't have to pay.) Does
anyone have any experience with this company and this particular
product?
Bob
check out the Temple of Triumph's home page at
Http://www.freenet.tlh.fl.us/Temple_of_Triumph/