Setting up a shop

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Setting up a shop
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:24:55 -0800
I'm configuring a workshop for my restoration work (wife got tired of the
fumes coming in the house) and I'd like some feedback from the list. The
area I have to work with is 33x22 feet.

* Does anyone have experience with muffling an air compressor? I have a 6.5
HP 80 gallon compressor which works great except I feel bad running it
after 9pm (don't want to upset the neighbors).  I'm thinking of building
walls around it & piping the air in.  Ideas?

* Paint Area.  I want to have a paint area where I can paint parts & not
have to worry about the fumes in the other areas of the shop. I'm thinking
on building or purchasing a paint booth & wondering if anyone knows where
to get good information on this?

Eric.