Re: Driving without the clutch...? [LONG]

To: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Driving without the clutch...? [LONG]
From: Sholtes IV <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 19:09:43 -0500
Cc: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>, james.sudduth@autodesk.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ken and Bob,

  This sounds like a helpful skill.  While I don't think
I'll make a habit of it, I think I will learn it as a first-
aid method for getting home in dire circumstances.  My TR 250
won't be "done" until this summer (at least), but I will train
on my Plymouth TC3 beater (and soon to be grinder).
  I didn't realize that this could be done with regularity, i.e.
for more than one trip, without blowing up the tranny; I guess
the watchword in this case has to be "care".  I do think it must be
easier to replace a clutch than to rebuild a transmission, though...

Clutching on to what I know,

                       JOE IV
                       TR 250
                 WALLINGFORD, CT. USA