Spit idle problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit idle problem
From: tomstory@slip.net (Tomstory)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 01:02:19 -0800
Hello everyone,

        I the interest of trying to make it easier for my Spit to pass smog
here in Kalifornia I switched from the dual Su's I was running back to the
single Stromberg. The Stromberg had been sitting for about a year, still
attached to the manifold. Everything was fine for a little while (an hour!)
and then the car refused to idle at anything less than 2000-2500 rpm. Now
as I don't think the smog guys would consider that whithin legal limits,
does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look out for? It's a
1500 engine, 1974 with the stromberg 150CD. I figure it might be a stuck
choke, but the manual choke is all the way down on the carb. Something
internal? Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated...I'll have to let
everyone know as soon as I take delivery of my soon to be "other" Triumph,
a 1969 Bonneville, 7000 original miles...

Thanks Tom

"So you're going to take us for a ride eh?"
"Yeah, come on"
"Well I don't have a sister!"
"That's ok we no gotta car!"