lubricated the spedo cable -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: lubricated the spedo cable -
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 06:23:44 -0800
It's amazing what a little cable lube will do.  For the last couple of days
I've been watching the ol' spedometer on the GT6+ swing wildly between 50
and 90 on the freeway, with the occasional freeze, get ready, windup and
zing.  Pegged that sucker all the way over to the other side of the '0' stop
(roughly 160 MPH??) while vibrating uncontroably!  Makes a noise not unlike
grinding ice in a blender!!  Finally got around to lubing it last night and
no zinging!  Only fluctuates between 55 and 75.  Guess I missed a few spots.
Oh well I'll re-do it tonight. . .little more lube this time!  :-)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+