Re: paint for TR6 wheels

To: abrunetti@edgenet.net
Subject: Re: paint for TR6 wheels
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 29 Jan 97 13:44:21
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew:
Listed below are a couple of notes sent previously on the subject.  Though I
haven¹t yet used them, I did just buy for my ¹74 Spitfire a couple of ªSilver
Argentª wheel spray cans from Eastwood¹s (1-800-345-1178, part #1291z).  I had
trouble finding a local Ford dealer who carried the color ...

*****

My understanding that the correct color for the steel wheels is a
color called Silver Argent.  Available at any parts store, and in spray
form at you Ford Dealer.

aaron

*****
I'm doing some rebuilding on my 77 Spit this winter. Just got some
>Koni shocks for front and rear also a suspension rebuild kit for the front.
>While its cold and have the spit up for the winter I thought I would take
>the rust off the rims and repaint them. I remember a thread about a paint
>that was close to the original color but could not find it. If anyone
>remembers it or knows what type of paint it is please let me know.
>
>Thank You in Advance
>Herb Hagraves
>77 Spit
>Canaan ME
>

>Herb, buy spray cans from Moss Motors. It is good for all Triumph wheels.
72 TR6 CC84967