Re: TR3 overdrive

To: Paulpop@ssnet.com (Paul Poplawski, Phd), Scott Kohl <rpage@wvi.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 overdrive
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:08:59 -0800
At  3:19 PM 1/29/97 -0500, Paul Poplawski, Phd wrote:
>Anyone ever fit the old overdrive onto a '57 TR3 that did not originally
>come with one?  Does anyone have access to one or know anything about it
>
>Paul

I put a TR4 full syncro overdrive in a '61 TR3A is that close enough?

I elongated the transmission mounts, put the TR3 shift lever on the TR4
transmission, and added an OD spedo cable.  I believe the driveshaft is
supposed to be a little shorter, but the stock TR3 shaft has worked for me
so far (2 years of driving).  Some people have put in the stronger TR6
transmissions in the TR3s as well.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com